Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Amazing!

Dear Readers,
Wow, wow, wow! I am really blown away by all the wonderful support, from friends and strangers alike, of Stevie's 30 Days of Doing Good project. I've been checking my email like a mad woman, and each time I have a new message from someone who has done something "good" in honor of my girl, I just tear up and smile.

Here are some more of the special things people have done in Stevie's name.

From Angie, California:
Over the weekend I planted a bunch of flowers in our yard. My next door neighbor, who I don't know all that well, likes to plant flowers and garden too. So, I thought I would take the opportunity to do something good in honor of your baby girl! As I was finishing up I left about half a dozen snapdragons and marigolds out and brought them over to my neighbor so she could use them for her yard. She was so surprised! :)

From Lisa:

 This afternoon I went wandering around the mall. Just wandering. Killing time. I was feeling restless and just didn't want to go home yet. I walked past a display of TOMS shoes. They are behind the One for One movement. For every pair of shoes purchased, they donate a pair of new shoes to a child in need. I saw the shoes, and I thought of Stevie. I bought a black pair. For Stevie. Thank you for the inspiration to do this small act of good for the world. Your 30 Days project is such an incredible way to keep Stevie's memory alive. Thank you for letting me be a part of it.

I just have to mention here, I am a total "shoe girl" (I actually sold shoes at Nordstrom all through college!), which makes this story and picture all the more special to me!

From Tracey and Fellan from www.theeddybearcompany.com:


We would love to participate in your 30 days of kindness project in honor of your baby daughters 1st birthday.  We think that our first act should include such a beautiful soul like yours.

We would love to make you a "Stevie Bear" so that you can cuddle in your arms. We will embroider Stevies name, and/or a message on both paws of the bear for you and send it to you. (anywhere in the world)   The bear comes with a red heart that you can place something special inside and then is secured inside the bears chest.

Please accept this act of kindness from us to you. Love and healing to you sweet girl.

Another cool thing: we called Stevie our Little Bear Cub while I was pregnant with her :)

From Deanna, California:
Today for my random act of good, I surprised my friend with a bunch of books as she is expecting her first baby in just a couple of weeks. She was thrilled! My favorite part of this project has been being able to share Stevie's(and your) story with others. 


From Tiffany, California:

Hey Kristin, I wanted to pass along my random act of kindness. Its not huge or anything but I wanted to share none the less. I totally thought of Stevie when I did it ♥

I know as women how hard we can be on ourselves... being self conscience about our bodies, so self critical. There is a lot of pressure to look a certain way. People are so caught up in the hustle and bustle of life and work that they rarely do anything nice for anyone else. So today in the bathroom at work I put a little note for all the ladies that go in there and see themselves in the mirror. I hope it brings a smile to someone's face.

From Jamie:
My son Kallen and I packed up 10 of his smaller baby outfits that don't fit him anymore and then went and bought 3 baby girl outfits. I put 'From Stevie' tags on all of them and took them to the local Woman and Children's shelter. I think what you're doing is beautiful and plan to do a few more things before Stevie's month is over - I will let you know :)

Thanks again everyone! Keep 'em coming! :)

Xoxo,
Kristin

8 comments:

Michele said...

For Stevie... I packed up a box full of baby clothes and bottles, and sent them to my brother and his girlfriend who are expecting. Even though I am upset that they dont take care of the child they have, I wanted to just let it go and do something... So, thinking of Stevie, I boxed stuff up and took them to the post today.

Ausmerican Housewife - Creating with Kara Davies said...

I totally get the shoe thing. ;)

I'm heading out to the store in a bit and I'm gonna do something random for someone else. I'll post it here soon.

Jus and Kat said...

I just went to the grocery store to grab a bite for lunch, and I made a [small] donation to the March of Dimes and put Stevie's name on it. :)

Brooke said...

Today I made a donation to "Nothing But Nets." It's a charity program run through UMCOR (United Methodist Committee on Relief) and $10 buys a treated net that a family in Africa can put over their beds to protect them from malaria carrying mosquitoes. I bought in memory of my Eliza and one in memory of your Stevie. I like to think they will cover and protect baby girls on the other side of the world.

Poor Lucky Me said...

You are such an inspiring women. I'm so lucky to have found you, when I feel alone on my journey, I think of you and Stevie.
xo

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole said...

This is a great idea. On May 8 I plan on sending you something referring to little Stevie (:

Anonymous said...

Kristin - I'm worried about you. You haven't posted in awhile and I know Stevie's anniversary date is fast approaching. I just realized in a cruel twist of fate that the day this year falls on Mother's Day. I hope you are so deep into your random acts of kindness in her honor that you haven't had time to write. But I'm still worried that you've slipped into your sad place. I look forward to catching up with you daily thru your blog and you've been on my mind heavily for awhile now before I decided to write this. I am thinking and praying for you that you pull thru this difficult time. It sounds like you have an amazing group of people around you that love you and you have this whole online community of people sending you warm thoughts and prayers. You are not alone. I plan to carry out my own random act of kindness yet this week as well and will report back the JOY. Holding you in my heart - Amy

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved