I've had a lot going on this week and thought I'd do a quick update.
1. Dad and I started our Hypnobabies classes on Tuesday night. We have one 3.5-hour long class a week for the next six weeks, and lots of practice/homework each night. I am loving it so far! For anyone who is like, 'what the heck is Hypnobabies??' It's a birthing method that uses self-hypnosis to achieve a comfortable, natural birthing experience. It focuses a lot on using our minds to control our bodies, and the idea that if we can train our subconscious minds to accept certain ideas, eventually those ideas will become our reality. Essentially, we are 'training' our minds to view childbirth as a beautiful, joyful thing. The part I like best about the program is all the relaxation exercises you are required to do at home. It's already been really helpful for me to have that time set aside each day to just relax and think only positive thoughts about this pregnancy. Anyway, I am really glad we decided to do this!
2. I had a follow-up appointment with my asthma specialist yesterday and my lung function is still pretty awful. I was hoping they would tell me things had really improved in the last month or so, but a new test showed some pretty severe inflammation of my lungs. So that sucks. I was given a prescription for a new preventative inhaler to try, so we'll see if that helps at all. I'd really just like to be able to breath like a normal human being!
3. I failed my one-hour glucose screening today, which means I get to go back on Monday and do the three-hour screening to rule out Gestational Diabetes. I am actually kind of annoyed because I was only a few points off from passing, and the nurse who drew my blood said, "you didn't eat any rice or anything like that today, did you?" And I was like, "um, yeah, I ate a huge bowl of stir fry for lunch." Then she said, "Oh, well that probably messed with your results." So here's what I don't understand: why send me home with a typed up instruction sheet about this test, and NOT include anything about staying away from carbs, if that can mess up the results?? Honestly, I don't think I have GD, considering I eat pretty healthy and am only up 18 pounds at 28 weeks, but who knows. Hey, at least I get to drink another bottle of that sugary orange drink--I loved it (and yes, I'm completely serious!)
4. Tomorrow afternoon we have your 28-week growth ultrasound. I am so excited to see how much you've grown in the last four weeks. Today at my OB appointment, my belly/uterus was measuring two weeks 'big,' so I am curious to see what they estimate your weight to be. I also really hope they'll give us a little peak in 3D...I am getting SO anxious to see your sweet face!
5. I really need to figure out how to sleep better at night. Last night I probably got less than three hours total. Between my crappy breathing, you kicking me like crazy, the dogs trying to sleep on my face, Dad snoring, having to pee every hour, my big awkward belly, and just pregnancy insomnia in general, the whole sleep thing is just not working for me. If anyone out there has any tips or advice, I'm all ears!
Okay, I think that's about it. Sorry for the super boring post. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have good news to share after the ultrasound!
Not to be rude or anything, but....
4 hours ago