Friday, July 27, 2012

4 month pictures

Dear Elliot,
Today you and your friends Hunter and Junie (and of course their mamas, too!) had a picnic at the park. We also decided to have a little photo shoot because clearly I just don't have enough pictures of you yet (ha!).

Here are a few of my favorites. I swear you know just how to ham it up and smile and pose for the camera--you definitely got that from me and not your dad! :)










And here are a couple of the two of us (thanks for taking them, Jenni!)



I just really can't believe I already have a four-month-old. I feel like we've gotten past the difficult, slightly overwhelming newborn stage, and life is just so much fun these days. Nursing is a million times easier, you're so much more independent and content, my hormones feel like they are almost back to normal (aside from my hair all of a sudden shedding like crazy-so not cool!). It's almost hard to remember what life was like before you were in it.

Oh, and you're growing like a weed! Almost 18 pounds and just under 27 inches at your four-month doctor's appointment on Monday. Wearing mostly 12-month clothes. Dude, if you keep growing at this rate, you're going to be bigger than me by the time you hit kindergarten!

Well you are sound asleep and Dad and I are about to take advantage of that fact by starting a little Parks and Recreation marathon. We love you so much, big blue-eyed boy!

Always,
Mom


11 comments:

Ashlea Sarnelli said...

he is SO photogenic, just like his momma :) glad to know i'm not the only one suddenly losing all my hair ahhh...our beautiful babies are certainly worth it, though! elliot is so fortunate to have this blog to reflect upon his childhood when he's older!

MLBarajas said...

Elliot is adorable!

AnotherDreamer said...

I love the photos, my favorite is the black and white one of you and him. Absolutely precious!

Jessica said...

So sweet! I'm beginning to feel like we are past the newborn stage - then he slept crazy last night lol so maybe not.... love the pics!

Veronica said...

At 3 months through 4, I lost all-my-hair. No joke. I have super fine, thin hair to begin with... So losing massive handfuls in the shower really showed. I'm 5 months out now from the stillbirth of my son (I was 41w2d pregnant) and its still falling out!! My doc told me not to fret. 4-6 mo is the "regeneration" process. I'm tempted to shave it!!

Keep the pix coming. Your El is such a sweetie. The camera loves him!

Valerie said...

Happy 4 month birthday Elliot! Such a cutie.

I had the same thing happen to me at 4 months postpartum! I promise your hair will slowly but surely start coming back. Stupid hormones!

crystal said...

Love them!!! He is beautiful and getting so big!!!

Caroline said...

Great pics & Yay for everything. So handsome !!!

Andrea said...

So, so cute! I love to see how Elliot is growing! My little man is three days younger than him, so it is fun to see them grow at the same, but different pace. Elliot is quite a bit bigger than Elijah, but they are both so cute!!

Cecily said...

What a beautiful boy Elliot is! I am loving the pictures! I lost a lot of hair during pregnancy and after Alex's birth. My little guy is 11 months old now and I have about 2 inches of regrowth all over my head! I've been exclusively breastfeeding him since he was born, so I bet your hair will start growing back again soon, too. :-)

Kelly said...

Absolutely adorable!!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved