Monday, March 4, 2013

First Day of "School"

Dear Elliot,
Today was your very first first day of school! You started one morning a week daycare. Like the many sleepless night-before-the-first-day-of-schools of my childhood, I was pretty nervous. Yes, I realize leaving you for three hours is really not a big deal. But today was the first time I've left you for that long with someone I don't really know. So it was kind of stressful for me.

Dropping you off this morning -- squinty smiles in the snow!

Well today you showed me I had absolutely nothing to be stressed out about. You loved it! When it was time to hand you over to your new teacher, you gave her a huge grin and didn't even turn around to say goodbye. I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad that you were so not fazed by the whole experience! Mostly happy, I think :)

After dropping you off, I went to at a coffee shop down the street. It was really nice to have a couple uninterrupted hours to work. 

When it was time to pick you up, I figured you'd be super tired and ready to go home. But nope. I walked in the room and there you were, sitting on the floor, reading stories with your teacher, smiling ear to ear. 

I said "hi Elliot" and your head whipped around and you gave me the sweetest wrinkled nose smiles and crawled over as fast as you could. It wasn't like a "OMG thank goodness you're here, I've been waiting for you!" but more like a "oh hey, Mom, I'm having so much fun but I'm really happy to see you!"

Your teachers said you did "awesome." Not a single cry or fuss. You didn't even need your paci! They were also kind of shocked at how much you ate. We'll have to pack more next week since two cheddar cheese packets, two clementines and a smoothie pouch weren't enough of a "snack" for you, ha!

Baby ate: Everything. Yep, sounds about right :)

Although there's certainly a part of me that is sad that you're growing up so fast, my heart is just so full of pride at the amazing, independent little boy you are becoming. So often I look at you and think to myself "how on earth did I get so lucky?" 

I never thought I'd know this kind of joy.


I love you so much, little Bub!

Always,
Mom

2 comments:

Jaclyn said...

you both look so happy and adorable together! I am so glad to see that things are going well for your family - you deserve all the happiness in the world!

Brie said...

You deserve this joy. It's amazing, isn't it?

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved