Thursday, March 7, 2013

Walking!

Dear Elliot,
I think I can officially say I have a walker! You started taking a couple steps on your own about a week ago, then 5-6 steps on Tuesday. Tonight you took 9 steps on your own! And you did it a bunch of times throughout the night. It's so hard to get it on camera, but here's the best evidence I could get:



I love the little look you get on your face when you're walking--a mix of pride, concentration and determination. I'm thinking it's only going to be a matter of weeks (or days??) until you're walking across the room with no problem. 

I am so proud of you, baby!

Love,
Mom

PS. I wrote an article about the best baby/toddler rain boots for spring. I definitely need to get a pair for El now that he'll be walking around, splashing in puddles this spring! :) Check it out here.



3 comments:

AnotherDreamer said...

Ah! Love those little milestones!

Love the bottom photo too- so sweet.

CourtneyAnna said...

I love when they first start walking and they looked like they have tied one on! :-)
Yay!

Anonymous said...

I just read your article on body image after loss, and felt almost as if I had written it. My daughter was also perfect, but she died after my placenta abrupted. I felt that my body had betrayed me, my uterus had shed her placenta and killed her. I am trying to get pregnant again, but I have no confidence in this body of mine. I also have had an awful body image, feeling so fat and flabby after the thrill of being round and full of curves when I was pregnant. There were times right after that I wanted to break every mirror I saw.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved