Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Zoo Day

Dear Elliot,
Yesterday we took you to the Minnesota Zoo for the first time. I have been anxiously waiting for you to be old enough to really enjoy it (it's not cheap!) and it looks like we picked the perfect age to go, because you loved it! We actually ended up buying a membership so we'll be able to visit as much as we want this spring/summer. I can't wait!

Before we even got into the actual zoo you were having a ball. I decided to try positioning you face-forward in our Baby Hawk carrier so you could see everything. I know, I know. Forward-facing is "bad" and I've probably permanently deformed your spine or something, but really, it wasn't for very long and you seemed incredibly comfortable and content.


Your little pointer finger was in action pretty much constantly once we got to the animals. It was a lot of fun pointing everything out with you and explaining what we were seeing. 




I swear you recognized this guy from your beloved Brown Bear, Brown Bear book :)

The zoo has an indoor area called Discovery Bay with lots of sea animals and things you can touch and feel. You had the time of your life getting out and running around!





We also went on a Monorail ride and got to see all the outdoor exhibits from way up high. You thought it was pretty awesome being able to look out the window and see all the cool animals outside.







This look right here? I don't know how else to describe it besides pure joy :)

After checking out a few more exhibits we went to the gift shop so you could pick out a special souvenir. I remember being a kid and thinking there was literally nothing in the world as awesome as getting to buy one of the overpriced stuffed animals they sold in those shops. You didn't seem to have much of a preference, so we got you a sweet bat stuffed animal. You've become obsessed with it! Like I have never seen you get as excited as you get about this thing. It's super cute.




I had so much fun with you, El. There is seriously nothing better than getting see and experience the world through your eyes. With you, everything is new and exciting. When you're happy, I'm happy. That's really all there is to it.

I love you so much!

Always,
Mom

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved