Thursday, April 29, 2010

New House!

Dear Stevie,
Sorry it's been awhile since I've updated--we've been busy!

Last weekend we moved into a new townhouse about a mile and a half from our old place. On top of the craziness of packing, moving, and unpacking, I also got really sick with a cold. This cold, combined with seasonal allergies and lots of dust from cleaning the old house, turned into a kind of scary asthma attack Sunday night, which has now turned into a nasty cough that won't seem to go away--not fun!

Anyway, I love our new place and it feels so nice to have so much more space! The dogs are loving having so much more room to run around and are really digging the new carpet (we had wood floors before).

I really pushed for us to move into this townhouse because of you, Stevie. If it were just me and your dad, we would have probably moved further into the city, but we want you to get to live in a nice (low-crime!) neighborhood, with lots of other little kids around. The new neighborhood even has a super cute park less than a block down the road! It's the perfect part of town: back in our neighborhood is nice and quiet, but we're only a mile or two from the hustle and bustle of the city. I think you're going to love it!

As I'm unpacking things and walking around the new neighborhood with the dogs, I keep thinking about how awesome it's going to be having you here with us. And I can't believe you'll be here in just over 3 months! Time is FLYING!

We still have a lot to do to make it look like a home (painting, putting up all our pictures and decorations, etc), but here are a few pictures of your new house:

Bathroom (and a shot of my growing belly!)

Part of me and Dad's bedroom (it's huge compared to our old one!)

Our big closets (Is it obvious which one is mine?)

Upstairs stairway. The dogs love racing up and down the stairs :)

Part of the dining room (needs some paint to liven it up...and a real table!)

Some of the little kitchen

Part of the living room. I'm really excited for the deck!

Some more of the living room

I didn't take any pictures of the basement, because it's pretty much just your standard big, unfinished basement with a washer and dryer. Or of the garage, because it's, well just a garage :).

I am so excited to start working on your room next month--I'm sure I will put up tons of pictures of that process once we get started!

We love you so much!

Mom

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved