Monday, December 5, 2011

23 weeks

Dear Elliot,
On Friday we hit 23 weeks. Only a week until the 'viability' point, and just another two weeks after that until we pass the week that Stevie died. I can definitely feel myself getting more and more anxious as that milestone approaches, but I am really starting to think God must have known I was going to be a nervous wreck this pregnancy, and decided to give me a crazy baby who makes his presence VERY known. Seriously kid, what are you doing in there?! You move more often, more pronounced, and more consistently at 23 weeks than your big sis ever did, even at 26 weeks. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love it, I'm just trying to figure out when you have time to sleep! :)

I am so in awe of how much of a personality you have already. Not surprisingly (given who your mom is ) you seem to be a stubborn one. I have been trying to get video of my belly moving around like 20 times, and every attempt goes something like this: you're kicking like crazy, so I get the laptop all set up to film. As soon as I hit 'record,' you stop kicking. I record for 2-3 minutes, waiting for you to start up again. I finally give up and hit 'stop.' Then you immediately start moving again. One of these days I'm gonna catch it, I swear!

You also seem to be over my super paranoid-ness at night. The other night at around 3am, I had a freak out because I poked you a couple times and you weren't waking up. So I went downstairs and downed a caffeine-free Mountain Dew. When I lay back down in bed, you not only woke up, but proceeded to stay awake and kicking the crap out of my insides for over an hour. Sorry Baby, I totally deserved that :)

Anyway, here is the most recent belly picture, at 23 weeks, 2 days. Your dad took the picture and when I saw it I said, "whoa, I look huge!" He responded with, "yeah, you kind of look like that blueberry girl from Willy Wonka in that shirt." How sweet!


It's finally looking and feeling like winter around here. This probably sounds really weird, but I've been super excited for snow season to start because that makes it seem like March is just around the corner! Seeing that this is Minnesota, there's about a 99% chance it will still be snowing when you are born. So we've now made it through half of summer, all of fall, and are into the season in which you will make your big debut :)




(apparently your dad was so excited about the snow he couldn't help but make this weird face)

Before I go, I just have to take a minute to brag about the girls (our dogs). They can be naughty--barking at doorbells on TV, begging for everyone's food, randomly deciding to take fun little runs around the neighborhood when we are stupid enough to let them out to pee off-leash--but they are so, so good when it comes to the things that matter. They love little kids, and are so totally chill and nonagressive that they have no problem when said little kids pick them up, pull on their tails, etc etc. I am pretty certain both of them have somehow known about you for a long time (maybe even before I did!). Since being pregnant, they are pretty much permanently attached to my belly. I seriously can't wait for you to meet these sweet, crazy little creatures!





I have my 24 week growth ultrasound at the perinatal clinic tomorrow morning. I'm both incredibly nervous (as always) and excited to see you again. I'm hoping maybe they'll switch over to the 3D mode to give us a glimpse of your face :)

I love you little boy!

XOXO,
Mom

9 comments:

Elizabeth Edwards said...

all pics are so cute. love you in the snow. that would be pretty for a greeting card. love the dogs & your belly pics. so sweet. what great moments. (:

Melissa said...

I love, love, love that pic of your sweet dog laying on your belly!

Tiffany said...

so sweet!

Harlowe said...

Aw, puppy love! My dog definitely does not care about my pregnant belly and probably remembers that Eli was in there before he became the crazy, animal obsessed toddler he is now. I've noticed the seemingly increased movement with this baby as well. I'm 24 weeks as of today and at this point with Eli I don't remember feeling the steady pummels to the belly and bladder as I do now. Love it though, baby likes for me to know that he/she is sticking around.

Melissa said...

oh boy....I know the days approaching our "diagnosis day" were tough for me. The day of our anatomy ultrasound I cried a lot. All I could think about was what I would do when I found out this baby wasn't alive or had some fatal defect. It was wasted worry - so I'll encourage you to keep as busy as possible and try not to worry (which is close to impossible, I know).

Emily said...

I'm kind of jealous of your snow. I don't understand why people from the States call Canada the "great white north". Granted I live in a fairly southern part of Canada, but we have had snow for all of like 5 seconds here so far this season. I'm always disappointed our Christmases so rarely look like those in Hollywood with the piles of white fluffy snow. Today was 7 degrees (which is like 45 F) and raining. I want pretty snowy holiday pictures too!!! The ones with your dogs are adorable. Good luck as you head into week 24!

Shan said...

I wish there was a way for some of us "out here" to take on the stress and worry and let you enjoy your beautiful pregnancy more completely.

Ausmerican Housewife - Creating with Kara Davies said...

I was doing ok until I saw the first picture of your doggie with his/her(?) head on your belly.

Oh my. Now the waterworks have started. That is such a sweet picture, you need to frame it and add it to E's nursery! Stat!

Anonymous said...

Was that you on House Hunters last night?

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved