Monday, March 5, 2012

Preparing

Dear Elliot,
Can you believe you will be full term later this week?? As of Friday, I was 2cm dialated (up from 1cm the week before) and have been having lots of fun cramping and contractions since the weekend. I am also 99% sure I began losing my mucus plug Saturday night (sorry, I feel gross even typing that word!) While I realize labor could still be awhile from now, all these things have me feeling really anxious to get everything ready for your arrival. It seriously feels so surreal that you are going to be here, in my arms, in a matter of a couple weeks. It's so close, but I am having a hard time really wrapping my head around it!

Our house is starting to look like a baby lives here. There's a cupboard in the kitchen now dedicated to your feeding supplies. There's an entire shelf in the bathroom closet filled with rubber duckies, hooded towels, and baby shampoo. A Pack N Play, activity mat, and glider in the living room. A bike trailer, stroller, and Red Flyer wagon in the garage. Carseat installed and ready to go.

And this weekend I did some more work in your nursery. For pretty much all the decor either coming from a thrift store or being hand-made, I think it turned out pretty nice! I still have a couple more things to add, but we're getting there. You won't even be sleeping in this room for a few months at least, but having it done before you are born was just something I really wanted to do.

Here are a few pictures:

Weird angle of my 36+ weeks belly :)

 Still can't decide if we need a rug for the middle of the room or not...

 You'll be wearing lots of flannel, just like Dad!

 A basketful of toys just waiting to go in your mouth :)

 Dad hung this up and wrote this message for you

 Hat tree!

This was a gift from Grandma and Grandpa Cook for Dad's first Father's Day (right after Stevie died). It looks beautiful hanging by the window in your room.

Grandma Ziemke (my mom) came with me to an ultrasound at the Perinatal office earlier today and you continue to look 'perfect.' Keep it up, Baby Boy! 

I love you so much!

XOXO,
Mom

22 comments:

Becky said...

Everything looks great! You are getting so close to meeting your little guy, can't wait till he is here and in your arms.

The Griegers said...

I cant believe how close you are!! I am so excited for you!

Melissa said...

I love Elliot's room so much! It's beautiful. Can't wait to see pics of that little guy!

Jacque Smith said...

Can't wait for him to be here for you.

CourtneyAnna said...

The nursery is awesome! You are almost there! Hooray! Sully doesn't sleep in his room yet, but I wanted his nursery done too. It was just cool to look at all his stuff.

Colleen said...

What a gorgeous nursery! I cannot believe Elliott will soon be here! My son did not sleep in his nursery for nearly 6 months, but it was nice to have it all ready. I love how creative you were with the nursery.

Colleen

Unknown said...

It all looks awesome.. if i may give you some advice, if your planning to breastfeed,( i think i saw it on here before that you hope too)since you almost full term, what you could do is start (tmi) rubbing your nipples with a roughly aged wet towel to both get them used to the wear & tear and induce naturally since your also planning an unmedicated birth. Many wishes that all goes well & can't wait to see lovely pictures of your baby boy

Elementary Escapades said...

Congrats Mama. I can't wait to see pictures of your baby boy! I'm so excited for you (even though I don't know you)

Hope's Mama said...

So close. We're all waiting with you.
Sally
xo

rebecca said...

So incredibly excited for you guys!!! Elliot is so lucky to have you as his Momma! And you did an absolutely incredible job on his nursery, it's amazing!

Shelby ... Stella's Momma said...

Elliot's room looks great! Very exciting to see it all come together and know that soon you'll be carrying your sweet bundle of boy in to show him all the wonderful things you've created especially for him!

Guess this means I better get my butt in gear since Sprout won't be much further behind!!

Ausmerican Housewife - Creating with Kara Davies said...

I'd keep a rug out of the middle of the floor. You don't want to trip on anything in the middle of the night for those feedings...

Tiffany said...

wow. can't wait to see pics of him. keeping you guys in my prayers for a uneventful boring labor and delivery. love the message from dad.

Kelly Jean said...

We have the same frog with stick that makes a ribbit sound when you stroke it, hehe! Love that! I can't wait until baby is here!!!!!!!!

Jaime said...

It all looks so fabulous, Kristin! I cannot wait to see little Elliot laying in the middle of the floor in his great new room soaking up all of the colors! You really did such an amazing ob of making his room a cozy space. And I loooove his closet full of little man shirts! Haha!

x <3 o

Shan said...

Keeping you in my heart during this exciting, nerve-wracking time!

Jessica said...

Beautiful pictures and what a LOVELY room! SO very excited for you! I'm preparing Logan's room right now too :)

Natasha said...

It's almost time! So excited for you guys. Praying for a safe delivery and a healthy baby Elliot! And the room looks great by the way!

Patty said...

I think I must be the only one checking in here hourly to see the news! Ya know, BABY IS HERE IN ARMS news!

Just Stef said...

You're not the only one Patty! Wishing you guys all the best!

Crystal said...

Looks good! I love the tree over his crib.

Beth said...

You are so prepared! The room is beautiful - I love all of your personal crafty touches! Wishing you and Elliot the best!!!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved