I feel like I've aged about a million years since you died. Maybe 25 is just the age where you start to grow up. Maybe it's the whole losing a baby thing. Maybe it's some combination of the two. Who knows. But I feel like all of a sudden this real live 'adult.' It's kinda weirding me out just a little!
Here are some of the things that have lead me to the conclusion that I am officially old:
- It's considered a 'crazy!' night when Dad and I stay up past midnight.
- I constantly have a purse full of Werthers Originals candy wrappers. Seriously, who eats those things except grandmas??
- I can't recall the last time my friends and I took one of those fish lip photos (you know, the ones where you pucker your lips and try to look all hot). See example below.
- It's been at least a year or two since I've had to dig for change in my couch cushions, old purses, and washing machine in order to eat that day.
- I get excited about things like new bath towels, fancy dish soap, and Swiffer Wet Jets.
- A good chunk of the people in the NBA and NFL are like years younger than I am.
- I feel super creepy and pedophile-ish saying I think guys like Justin Bieber and Zac Efron are cute.
- Someone called me 'Ma'am' at Target the other day.
- I find myself saying things like, "I can't believe that child is riding his bike without a HELMET!'
- I quite enjoy candles.
- I can't shop in stores like Abercrombie or American Eagle because the music is too loud.
- I had no idea what the little '#' meant at the end of facebook posts meant until like last week.
- I rely on people like my 14-year-old cousin to stay up to date on what's 'cool' in the world.
- Hours spent looking at celebrity gossip online has turned to hours of getting into philosophical arguments with other commenters on various Cnn.com articles.
- I prefer craft beer over Miller Lite and a glass of red wine over UV Blue.
- Six girls sleeping on one hotel bed is no longer considered worth the $10 saved per person.
- I drink coffee and listen to talk radio on my drive into work.
Your boring old mom :)