Monday, November 21, 2011

21 weeks

Dear Elliot,
We hit the big 2-1 on Friday and I kind of can't believe it! The first 12 weeks or so of this pregnancy seemed to just crawl by, and now, it's all happening so fast. It seems so surreal that Thanksgiving is this week, and that Christmas is just a few weeks after that. The unusually warm (and awesome!) fall we've had here in Minnesota may have something to do with the fact that it just doesn't seem right. We finally had our first snow on Saturday, so I suppose that's helping it to sink in, at least a little bit!

Here's my 21-week belly shot, outside in said snow:


There's really not much new to report on the pregnancy front, but I will say this: I am no Beyonce, or Jessica Simpson, or any other lucky girl who has "never felt sexier" than during pregnancy. Well, unless of course you count prepubescent-type breakouts, and puking, and a puffy face (and legs!) as "sexy." I mean, I literally haven't shaved my legs since August. I can't make it up the stairs without huffing and puffing like an old lady. I get daily random nose bleeds and Charlie Horse leg cramps that hurt so bad I wake up screaming in pain. For whatever reason, my body just doesn't enjoy growing little humans inside it. I swear, it's punishing me or something.

But you know what? In spite of all the not so pleasant physical side effects pregnancy bestows upon me, I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to have gotten to experience it--twice. For the chance to hear your heartbeat for just one brief second, to feel just one of your kicks, I'd gladly take all the aches and pain and puking in the world.

And those little kicks of yours? They just keep getting stronger, and more and more frequent. You already seem to have a schedule down even. It's to the point where you are super active at 10am, after I eat lunch, 4pm, after I eat dinner, 10pm, and at least once during the middle of the night. You switch positions a lot--I'll go from feeling you way down low, to right around my belly button, to back down again, all in a matter of minutes sometimes. If I am laying down flat on my back, we can even see your kicks from the outside now. So amazing, seriously. I don't know if it's because you're a boy, or because this is my second time being pregnant, but your movements at 21 weeks seems stronger and more consistent than Stevie's, even at almost 26 weeks. I'm thinking you must have inherited some of your dad's athletic abilities :)

Anyway, I'm excited to continue to work on getting your nursery ready this week. I found an adorable old wooden rocking horse at the Goodwill yesterday ($4.99!) that I am going to refurb for you:


I'm not sure why, but I'm like obsessed with this thing! I love simple wood toys and have been keeping my eye out for a rocking horse. I can't believe I found one, and for so cheap!

Alright baby boy, I suggest you start gearing up for an epic feast on Thursday :)

I love you so much,
Mom

7 comments:

Brie said...

Hooray for great goodwill finds..After reading some of your previous posts, I searched my Goodwill and was sad to learn that ours lacks baby goods and toys!

I love how thrifty you are--I am much the same. I would much rather find something for a good deal, and fix it up to make it my own, than buy straight off some retail shelf.

Can't wait to see the finished horse & that bump of yours grow!

Tiffany said...

beautiful! ♥

Caroline said...

Yay for 21 wks & great Goodwill finds. :)

The Starwarsmamma said...

Eek I know the charlie horse pain! I scared the ever living out of my husband one night because I woke him up screaming in pain from it (he thought I was in PTL or something) maybe oh what is it called....sodium-calcium-citrate to try and help keep them away.

Anonymous said...

That rocking chair is so cute. Please show it again when you are done with it's rehab!

Jessica said...

The rocking horse is adorable!! I told Logan to get ready for 2 epic feasts tomorrow LOL ;)

Anonymous said...

Yeah for 21 weeks! Hope that you had a happy Thanksgiving!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved