Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Baby on my Bladder (18 weeks)

Dear Elliot,
I kept meaning to write my 18-week update, and now I'm pretty much 19 weeks, but oh well. It's crazy how fast the weeks go by, even when you are unemployed and sitting around at home all day long! :)


So we hit 18 weeks last Friday. When/if we decide to induce labor is still sort of up in the air, but I'm thinking it will happen between 37-38 weeks (assuming everything with your development is good to go at that point, of course!), so we're halfway there, baby! Can you believe it? Part of me feels like March is forever away, but I'm hoping this month and the next will fly by, with the holidays and all of that, and it will be baby time before we know it.

We also reached another milestone during week 18: movement! I mean, I've been feeling little nudges and flutters for a few weeks now, but this week it turned into full-fledged kicks. You are still hanging out really low in there, so most of those kicks are right on my bladder. Not the most comfortable feeling in the world when you already have to pee like crazy all the time, but I'll gladly take it! Every little movement brings the hugest smile to my face. You've even started responding when we poke and prode my belly. Every night Dad pushes around, trying to get you to move, and last night, for the first time, you kicked back. Then he poked at you once more, and you kicked back again! How amazing.

My appetite continues to grow bigger and bigger. I seriously just want to eat all day long. I can never eat that much at one time, because I swear my intestines have moved up into my lungs, but it is so great to be able to enjoy eating again. You must be a big eater too, because even though I eat and eat and eat, I don't think I've gained much weight. As of my last appointment three weeks ago, I was up less than five pounds total. I haven't weighed myself lately, but I'm guessing I've packed on another three to five since then. I have a feeling I'm going to put most of the weight on in the second half of this pregnancy!

So it's probably pretty obvious from my posts lately that I've been on quite the crafting spree. A couple days ago I decided to teach myself how to crochet (how people learned how to do anything before Youtube I have no idea!), and I've been working on a little baby blanket for you. It's not the greatest blanket in the world, but I love working on it. Sitting on the couch, sipping mint tea, crocheting a blanket for my little boy. I never thought I'd see the day where this is my idea of a perfect Tuesday evening, but it totally is.

I wanted it to look kinda like the Charlie Brown sweater :)

My 20-week level II ultrasound is scheduled for Tuesday, with a follow-up appointment with my regular OB the next day. The nerves are already hitting me big-time. I am doing better with the anxiety overall, but the ultrasounds are still really, really scary. Hoping and praying it will be nothing but good news!

Alright, little E. I love you so much and get more and more excited to meet you every day. Keep growing, thriving, and kicking (though do feel free to kick me somewhere other than my poor bladder every  now and then!)

XOXO,
Mom

PS. Congrats to Jus and Kat for winning the rosette necklace! Can you send me your mailing address? Kristin.cook23@gmail.com. Thanks! :)

7 comments:

Caroline said...

Yay for everything. Keeping you close to my heart & saying many prayers.
Love the blanket !!

The Unprocessed Project said...

LOOOONNGGG time lurker, first time poster. I have no idea how I found your blog, but I have been reading you since before you lost Stevie. My best friend lost her first baby girl to blog clots caused by MTHFR (we call it the Mother F-er) about two years ago. She welcomed a healthy baby boy last March. Your story reminds me so much of hers, and I just know you are going to have a healthy baby in your arms before you know it!! Just wanted to say hi and thanks for your inspiring story.

The Griegers said...

You JUST learned to crochet?? The blanket looks awesome! How many hours do you have in on it?
Movement is such an exciting time, I think I've finally started to feel my baby fluttering around in there, it is simply amazing. I think of you and Stevie and baby Elliot often. Hoping all goes well with your 20 week scan!

Jus and Kat said...

If I'd "just" taught myself how to crochet, my blanket would still look like a ball of yarn! You go girl! :P

P.S. I e-mailed you (thanks)!!!

Jessica said...

YEA!!! I can't WAIT for those movements!! <3

Birgit said...

The time is running :D! A very sweet picture!

Lori said...

The picture of you sitting sipping your tea and crocheting for Elliot makes my heart smile. Friend...you are going to love being a boy mama too! Seriously...it's such a magical gift and I'm excited for you! Praying for your nerves to calm for your next visits... xoxo

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved