Sunday, February 28, 2010

16 Weeks

Happy 16 weeks, Baby!

I went to your third prenatal appointment on Friday and everything continues to look perfect. The next time we're at the doctor's office, we'll get to see you again and finally find out if you're a boy or a girl. I was able to reschedule the big ultrasound to March 25th (your dad realized he is going to be out of town on a trip with students on the 29th, the day we originally scheduled the ultrasound for). We are beyond excited!



Weeks pregnant: 16
Weight: I'm up a total of 8 pounds as of Friday
How I'm feeling: I think I can finally say I am feeling almost like my normal self again, aside from the expanding belly of course! The nausea is all but gone (thank God!) and I haven't thrown up in over 3 weeks. Now that my appetite is back, it's back with a vengeance! I feel like I am always hungry. I swear, I will eat a big breakfast, drive to work, and my stomach is growling by the time I sit down at my desk. It's nice to be able to eat my old favorite foods again--chicken, veggies, cheese...I'm getting hungry just thinking about food! I'm still waiting for this supposed "pregnancy glow" to get here, but I'm starting to think I'm just not going to be "glowing" until July when I am 8 months pregnant, super hot, with sweat dripping from my face. :)

We got to spend a lot of time with family this weekend and I couldn't stop thinking about how awesome it's going to be when you're here with us to join in the fun. Friday night we went up to Grandma and Grandpa Cook's house for dinner and got to meet your Aunt Jaime and Uncle Ben's new puppy, Lucy. She is so cute! It was so fun watching all four dogs (Coco, Foxy, Jackie, and Lucy) run around together. You are going to have such a blast playing around with all those goofy little dogs! I know Uncle Bill and Aunt Rachel are thinking about getting a dog too, so it might be five by the time you're here!

Dad playing with Lucy


Cuddling with my girls

Saturday we spent the day hanging out with your Uncle Brandon while Grandma and Grandpa Ziemke went to a party with people from church. Brandon could not stop talking about you and all the stuff he wants to buy for you. He's convinced you're a girl, and hopes he's right because "girls are more cuddly." We'll see if he's right in about 3 and a half weeks!

Time for my afternoon nap while Dad bikes to Half Price Books to look for a pregnancy book for himself. We love you lots!

Mom

Updated to add: the book he picked out is called "The Caveman's Pregnancy Companion." Why am I not surprised? :)

1 comments:

Leanne said...

Aww, you are looking so cute. :) How fun to see all the dogs play together! That's sweet that Uncle Brandon is getting so excited for the baby to be here!

I LOVE Half-Price Books! It's probably, no, I KNOW it's a good thing one isn't nearby! I'd be there all the time! I had to laugh at the book he picked out.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved