My parents had this little dinnertime game they used to force my little brother and I to play when we were growing up: "best thing, worst thing." The rules of the game are pretty self-explanatory: everyone at the table has to share the best thing about their day and the worst thing about their day. As an annoying 11-year-old, I'd often try to get away with super clever answers like "the worst part of my day is having to play this stupid game, and the best part will be when it's over." Like so many things from my childhood, I thought it was so lame. And now? I'm totally going to force it on you, too, someday!
I figured we could start the tradition right now, with a "best thing, worst thing" recap of your 15th week.
The best things:
1. Perfect fall weather. It's been unusually beautiful and warm for October in Minnesota (a state where everyone still talks about the infamous Halloween Blizzard of 1991!). We're talking 70's and 80's during the day, and low 60's once the sun goes down. And I don't know why, but it seems like there are way more colorful leaves piling up on the ground than there have ever been before. I'm looking out my bedroom window right now, and can see them slowly, whimsically, dancing in the breeze. In shades of brown, orange, red, and yellow, they seem to be coming straight out of the sky. It's absolutely lovely.
2. Eating. It's so weird that for so long I could barely stand the thought or sight of food, and now, food is all I think about! All I want to do is eat, eat, eat. And that's what I do. We went to Chipotle for the first time since July last night and it was amazing. Baby, this is what you've been missing out on!
3. Scary movies. For the second year in a row, Dad and I are attempting to watch a scary movie every night during the month of October. Of course you can't have scary movie nights without sleeping bags, hot apple cider and lots of candy--so much fun!
4. A growing baby bump. I love that I am getting to the point where I look obviously pregnant and not just fat. I feel like I'm carrying really high. Does that mean you're a girl?? We'll find out on Friday!
The worst things:
1. Peeing myself. Seriously humiliating, right?! I've noticed this week that every time I sneeze or cough really hard (which is happening a lot; see worst thing #2), I pee my pants a little bit. I told Dad about my little, um, 'problem' last night and his super sympathetic response was, "well that's sexy." Ha. Maybe I'm going to have to invest in some Depends. Now that would be sexy! :)
2. Allergies/a really bad cold/or something. For the last week or so, I've had a horrible stuffy nose and awful itchy eyes. Mainly at night. At first I thought it was a cold, but I feel mostly fine during the day and it's really not going away, so who knows. Either way, it sucks, and is only making worst thing #3 even, well, worse.
3. Insomnia. I think the technical term for it is Pregnancy-Induced Insomnia, according to Dr. Google. I just can't sleep at night. I toss and turn and get up to pee, then toss and turn and get up to pee some more. All.night.long. I counted the other night, and I peed 11 times in an 8-hour period. I have no idea where it's all coming from! Anyway, I don't get much sleep during the night, so I obviously end up being super exhausted during the day, which leads me to worst thing #4.
4. Boring days. I literally have nothing to do during the day (besides sleep!), and I'm bored as hell. I have either been in school or working (or both) since I was like five years old, so this whole not having a job thing is really, really strange. Laying around was fun for a couple days, but I'm already going majorly stir-crazy. And since I'm not working, we have no money, so it's not like I can go out shopping or anything else, really. All this extra time just gives me more opportunities to obsess and worry about you. I need some distractions! I need to get out of this house!
The fun thing about this edition of "best thing, worst thing," is that all of my worst things are really my best things, because they are all related to you, and you are the best thing of all.
I love you, Baby. Can't wait to see you again on Friday (and to watch you roll your eyes and come up with sarcastic answers of your own when I make you play "best thing, worst thing" with your dad and I someday!)