A couple random reminders/plugs/links I wanted to share with you:
1. Don't forget to make your guess--boy or girl--on this post by tomorrow morning to be entered into the giveaway! I still haven't decided exactly what I'm going to give away, but I know it's going to be crafty and involve pumpkin spice candles. Hey, I need something to keep myself busy with! :)
2. My 16-week ultrasound is tomorrow at 9:30am (central time). Both my mom and Andy's mom and are coming with us--it's gonna be a packed little ultrasound room! Please, please, please send any prayers/good vibes my way that a) we get good news at the appointment, and b) that I don't go completely insane with worry beforehand. I seriously get so incredibly anxious and scared before these things.
3. If you follow Faces of Loss on facebook, you've already been bombarded with this info, but I wanted to put in a quick shameless plug for our I am the Face campaign, which is happening this month. You'd have to be living in a cave not to know that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, but it's less widely known that October is also National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month. Through I am the Face, we are trying to spread awareness of this all-too taboo issue and get people talking. It's also our biggest fundraising campaign during the year. If you have even $1 to spare, please consider making an online donation in Stevie's name here. You have no idea how much each and every donation means, not just to me personally, but to the thousands of other mamas who find support and connection through Faces.
4. Speaking of Faces, I wanted to let my Minneapolis-area readers know about a super cool event going on this weekend. After the Twin Cities Birth and Baby Expo (10am-3pm at Midtown Global Market), Blooma, a local pre and post-natal yoga and wellness center, is hosting their 4th annual Birthday Bash event. In addition to fun activities for the kids, and beer from Harriet Brewing for the adults (well, at least the not pregnant adults!), Blooma will be collecting donations for Faces of Loss, in honor of Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month--how awesome! I am hoping to be around for at least part of the evening, so make sure to say "hi" if you're there! More info can be found here.
5. I am really excited to be joining my friend Kerri's team over at The Maven of Social Media, as the new Pregnancy/Newborn Contributor. The Maven is always doing all sorts of interesting product reviews and awesome giveaways, so make sure to subscribe and watch out for my posts.
Okay, I think that's it. Hoping I'll be back tomorrow with a happy update!
Not to be rude or anything, but....
4 hours ago