Friday, October 14, 2011

It's a...

Dear Elliot,
That's right, Baby, you're a little BOY! Well, not so little, actually. You're already measuring big, just like your giant of a daddy (he's 6'10!).

The ultrasound this morning was amazing. Both of your grandmas came with us and it was so special having them there. The only ultrasound my mom had been to before today's was the one where we found out your big sister had died, so I really wanted her to have a happy ultrasound experience, too. And boy oh boy (yep, pun intended!) was it happy this time! It sounded like there was a fireworks display going on in that little exam room. Every time the ultrasound tech would point something out, both of your grandmas would "ooh!" and "ahh!" over it. "Look at the little fingers," the tech would say, and they would pretty much scream with joy. It was so cute, and so much fun to see them both so excited about their little grandbaby.

Once the tech asked whether or not we wanted to know the gender, you weren't shy about showing off your goods! She found your legs, then said, "dink!" and we all knew right away you were a boy (or "manchild" as Dad and I keep referring to you as. That's a Jungle Book reference for anyone who didn't get it!)

Here are a few pictures from the scan:

I'll be getting sprayed by this thing right here in just a few more months!

Love the hand shots. So incredible! 

 Another hand and your big, smart brain :)

Sweet baby boy

After the ultrasound, your grandmas both had gifts for us. The entire waiting room got to watch us open up your first baby boy outfits (don't worry, I checked and every single women in the room was obviously pregnant themselves). Guess it's the pink that they'll be returning to the store this time around!




After seeing my doctor, Dad and I went out to an amazing little Mexican place to celebrate our son. Hope you enjoyed the burrito and unlimited chips and salsa bar as much as I did!




And of course I had to document the wonderful morning with a picture of me and you before we left to go home:

Whoops, please ignore the awesome leopard-print bra I did not realize showed right through my shirt.

It was such a great morning. I love that we can finally start calling you by your name. Elliot James Cook. Maybe you'll grow up to be a drummer, just like your namesake. Dad was already looking up Pantera onesies in hopes we have a little rocker on the way (he used to listen to Pantera with the Elliot you're named after all the time, apparently!) I just can't wait to meet you and see who you become.

I can't explain how wonderful I feel right now. I have a daughter and a son. Wow. My heart is so full of love for both of my babies today.

Keep growing, Elliot (but not too big, okay?)! Your dad and I are so proud to be your parents.

Love,
Mom

15 comments:

Franchesca said...

Oh I am SOOOOOO happy for you Kristin!!!!!!!!

Becky said...

Yay, Stevie has a little brother. I am so happy for you guys.

Diana C Barry said...

Yay, a boy! You don't know me, but I have been reading your blog since July (when I lost my baby) and I have found it so comforting. We are TTC again and very scared. I totally look up to you and wish you the best. Congrats on your SON! :)

P.S I totally thought you were having a girl. I'm wrong a lot though... Ha.

Poodlemama said...

Kristin: Congratulations on your son. How exciting. My son Christopher is now 6' 9" and he was 10 lb. 7 oz at birth so I certainly hope little Elliot stays "little". ha ha.

gomillion and one... said...

Congrats! :)

Birgit said...

What a sweet idea! Congratulations!

Catherine W said...

Congratulations, so pleased to read about Stevie's little brother! I love the name that you have chosen.

Lindsey said...

Super cool!!! I can't wait to meet him!!! It looks like we'll be finding out right before Thanksgiving! I'll keep you posted. We had our second appointment yesterday and we heard the heartbeat again. That is such a beautiful sound! 163 beats per min. They say it's fast but healthy! Hope all is going as good as it can be! Call me sometime! :)

Becca and Logan said...

Awww Congrats! Boys are wonderful!

The Griegers said...

So happy for you!!!

Anonymous said...

My heart is SO FULL! Give little Elliott a rub for me :) And his name is wonderful...Elliott was my hubbys #1 choice for a name, but obviously it was meant for someome else, a very special someone else ;)

BIG HUGS and take care of beautiful you!
Andrea
persuitofourfairytale.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I don't even know you guys, but I'm soo filled with joy for all 4 of you! Stevie has a little brother to watch over and you and you husband have a son to watch grow in to a man...what blessings!

~Heather

Tiffany said...

Wonderful news! I got a little teary eyed reading. Congratulations!

Christy said...

Woo hoo congrats on Elliot, so exciting, glad you are feeling like this is more real.

Crystal said...

Congratulations on your precious baby boy!!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved