Friday, October 14, 2011

It's a...

Dear Elliot,
That's right, Baby, you're a little BOY! Well, not so little, actually. You're already measuring big, just like your giant of a daddy (he's 6'10!).

The ultrasound this morning was amazing. Both of your grandmas came with us and it was so special having them there. The only ultrasound my mom had been to before today's was the one where we found out your big sister had died, so I really wanted her to have a happy ultrasound experience, too. And boy oh boy (yep, pun intended!) was it happy this time! It sounded like there was a fireworks display going on in that little exam room. Every time the ultrasound tech would point something out, both of your grandmas would "ooh!" and "ahh!" over it. "Look at the little fingers," the tech would say, and they would pretty much scream with joy. It was so cute, and so much fun to see them both so excited about their little grandbaby.

Once the tech asked whether or not we wanted to know the gender, you weren't shy about showing off your goods! She found your legs, then said, "dink!" and we all knew right away you were a boy (or "manchild" as Dad and I keep referring to you as. That's a Jungle Book reference for anyone who didn't get it!)

Here are a few pictures from the scan:

I'll be getting sprayed by this thing right here in just a few more months!

Love the hand shots. So incredible! 

 Another hand and your big, smart brain :)

Sweet baby boy

After the ultrasound, your grandmas both had gifts for us. The entire waiting room got to watch us open up your first baby boy outfits (don't worry, I checked and every single women in the room was obviously pregnant themselves). Guess it's the pink that they'll be returning to the store this time around!




After seeing my doctor, Dad and I went out to an amazing little Mexican place to celebrate our son. Hope you enjoyed the burrito and unlimited chips and salsa bar as much as I did!




And of course I had to document the wonderful morning with a picture of me and you before we left to go home:

Whoops, please ignore the awesome leopard-print bra I did not realize showed right through my shirt.

It was such a great morning. I love that we can finally start calling you by your name. Elliot James Cook. Maybe you'll grow up to be a drummer, just like your namesake. Dad was already looking up Pantera onesies in hopes we have a little rocker on the way (he used to listen to Pantera with the Elliot you're named after all the time, apparently!) I just can't wait to meet you and see who you become.

I can't explain how wonderful I feel right now. I have a daughter and a son. Wow. My heart is so full of love for both of my babies today.

Keep growing, Elliot (but not too big, okay?)! Your dad and I are so proud to be your parents.

Love,
Mom

21 comments:

Antoinette said...

I LOVE this!!!!!! n I LOVE you have mexican today cause we had mexican together in NYC when you didnt even know "elliot" was on his way yet!!!!!! WOOOHOOO TEAM BLUE!!!

Lisette said...

Congratulations! You don't know me but I've been following your blog for quite a while. I'm so happy for you and your husband.

Lisette said...

By the way, what would the name have been had Elliot been a girl? :)

The Maven said...

<3 Yay! So excited for you and Andy!

Molly said...

Amazing news! Congrats!!

Harlowe said...

Congrats, that's awesome!!!!!!! Love those ultrasound pictures. I still won't find out until around Thanksgiving because they won't do it until 22 weeks. I just knew he was an Elliott!

Adrianne Deschler said...

Congrats!! I knew it was a boy. =)

Like the previous commenter, you don't know me either, but I've been following your blog for a while now.

Tiffany said...

congrats! such wonderful news!

CourtneyAnna said...

Excellent! There is gonna be a lot of blue going around! The pics are so cute.
Congrats Cooks! :-D

Shannon said...

YAY congrats to you and you Andy this is so exciting. ((HUGS)) and god bless you all

Elementary Escapades said...

I'm sooo happy for you!!!

Lj82 said...

Congratulations! Love the name Elliot. :)

Emily said...

I knew it was a boy! Congratulations. Hope it's smooth sailing from here on out!

Tiffany said...

Congrats!!! Elliot is what Ellie's name was going to be is she was a he! I love it! And I love how boys aren't shy at all!

Nika M. said...

So happy for you!

Renee said...

So very excited for you!!!!!

Caroline said...

Congrats so happy for all of you !!!!

Renel said...

WHOOO HOOO! Congratulations on baby Elliot!

Jessica said...

So happy for you <3 CONGRATULATIONS! <3

car said...

Stevie has a little brother! All the best for many more happy ultrasounds in the next few months.

Leanne said...

Woohoo!!!! Congratulations! A little Elliot Baby! I remember all the pics from when you found out Stevie was a girl. :) I'm so glad that the two grandmas could both be there this time around for the happy occasion!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved